Career resources for New Mexico school teachers and administrators
In New Mexico, teachers are expected to grow professionally as they gain experience and expertise. Learn about these expectations for professional growth and advancement, professional development providers, and professional development opportunities.
- Mentorship for Beginning Teachers
- In order to advance from licensure level I to licensure level II all beginning teachers will need to successfully complete a one to three year mentorship program.
- Professional Development Framework
- This systemic framework for professional development will provide consistent professional development standards to ensure quality teachers and school principals, and to improve and enhance student achievement. In this framework, you will find guidelines for professional development, accountability, resources, and a comprehensive calendar of upcoming events.
- Professional Development Providers
- Find out about professional development providers in New Mexico. Contact these individuals, organizations, or institutions for professional development support in your school or to learn about current training opportunities provided by them.
Copyright © 2016 University of New Mexico College of Education. All rights reserved.
Supported by the Educator Quality Division at the New Mexico Public Education Department